Friday, April 22, 2011

Early season races.

The changes in my schedule didn't happened. And the first race of 2011 season was meant to be Ironman 70.3 San Juan. I was into two weeks of running (jogging) and my goal for that race was to finish the race..... Let just say it was a bad day: I finished the race, but I suffered from the start to the last steps of the race, which leaded me straight to the Medical tent, where I got two IV(s) and an oxygen mask. Not the best race to start a new season.

The second event in my competition plan was Ironman 70.3 Oceanside, California. It's always a very competitive race and this year wasn't an exception. I felt much better this time although I finished out of top 10 (11th place), but I didn't drop to far from the girls in front of me and I mostly lost my time on the swim. "Andy Potts and Mirinda Carfrae each earned their third Rohto Ironman 70.3 California titles, winning tight races over Rasmus Henning and Heather Jackson, respectively."

Originally from: http://ironman.com/events/ironman70.3/california70.3/brad-culp-recaps-todays-exciting-race-in-oceanside#ixzz1KIgyrDis

No comments: