Friday, July 12, 2013

The arrival of our little angel

Our little angel just turned his first "mini Birthday" :-), Brandon is 1 month old today and I know now for sure that it is very much possible to love two man at the same time with all your heart :-). Those two men are my husband and our little son.


I'll go back in time and will tell a little bit about the arrival of my little angel and his first days in this world:

I was almost 39 weeks pregnant and since my midwife was trying to set my mind on the overdue (just to make it easier mentally for me) I was very calm and only on Monday June 10th started to get into the impatient mode, complaining that I can't get any bigger and the baby is running out of room and that last 10 days or so are going to be tough, I even replied to the lady in the supermarket "I feel miserable" to her friendly: "How are you?" :-) But I also felt like that because it was Monday, the hard day. I usually plan way too many things on this day of the week, that it is too much even for a non pregnant woman :-). I also had a few things planned for Tuesday. I had an appointment with my midwife, Terri, then a friend of mine asked me to take care of his pets the same morning. I started to feel some pain the night before, but I didn't want to bother the midwife with the fall calls and just waited for our appointment time. By the time she came I was already having contractions 10 min apart, but I still couldn't believe that it's going to happen today. Terri left and told me to call her back if contractions got closer and they did. They were 7 minutes apart and stronger when I was driving to the friend's house to take care of the pets. An hour later I asked Roman to come home and told him that it might be THE DAY. I don't think he believed me since I had to text him later again: come home NOW!!! I did a home-birth in the water, but I won't go into details describing the labor. I just wanted to say a few things:
1. It was painful and much harder than Ironman, since you don't really know when you going to get to the finish (mine took me 17 hours) and you can't really train and get ready for the labor, but the reward is epic, no Trophies or Prize money can get even close to it.
2. I had the best crew with me: my midwife Terri, doula Alejandra and of course my husband, who really helped me to get to the finish line :-).
3. Brandon was born June 11th, on my mom's Birthday, which is absolutely amazing.
4. Brandon's weight was 6.15 lb. and 20.5 inches in length and he was my love from the first sight.

Today our "Bubochka" (a little seed in Ukrainian) is getting a little more sleep and a little less poop :-). He is giving us more rest at night and less diaper changing. His mom :-) is getting better with her routine, she stopped panicking and thinking that she is doing something wrong. I guess most of first time moms think like that.

I am recovering fast and thinking about training, but only thinking, I am not planning to race this year anyway. For now I am just walking every day for 40-60 min and the little one here is taking care of the rest of my day, making sure I stay entertained and busy :-)
He is giving me some time to finish the post.


No comments: