Sunday, April 20, 2008

Ironman Arizona, again 4th.

One week already passed after Ironman Arizona and it was very busy week for me: few days of rest in Phoenix, a beautiful trip to Grand Canyon and a long, very long journey back home to Ukraine. So, back to the Ironman last weekend: I think it was toughest condition of the weather during an Ironman race in my triathlon experience. Till last Sunday I thought I am good with the hot weather,but I was a bit wrong. A strong wind on the bike course was slowing me down sometimes to 23 km/h and after turn around it pushed me so hard and fast. It looked like I did a fartlek: 3 times 30 km. Even more than usually I looked forward to start to run. But with +93+97 degrees and almost no shadow ( just under the bridges) it wasn’t that easy and enjoyable at all. And honestly, on the each loop there was a spot when I just wanted to give up. But I am really glad I didn’t. And with a sprinting for 400m at the end of an Ironman, thanks Lensey Corbin who gave me this chance. I finished 4th at the Ironman Arizona 2008 behind Erika Csomor, Micheille Jones and Heither Gollnick. Now I am looking forward to the next races in Europe of cause after several days of recovery in my rainy but still beautiful city Lvov.

Results

1 comment:

Clay said...

Hey "Aniluzok,"
Great result. Fourth behind that competition is fantastic. Get some rest and hit the rest of the season hard. Keep in touch...I sent you an email too.

"Molodetz!"