Saturday, June 14, 2008

Switzerlan, training camp. " Higher than mountains can be only the mountains, which you nether climbed before"

My dream came true. I am here in Switzerland in Pontresina, 7 km from St. Moritz, 1800 m high altitude. Three of us: Annett, Swen ( my friends I met in Clermont, Florida, while I was training there) and me train together in this beautiful aria, surrounded by white tops of giant mountains.
We are here for more then 10 days already and the hardest acclimatization days left behind, it's easier to breath now in the swimming pool and I am able to talk while I am running or biking. But I still have troubles going long, 13-20 km, uphills. Last Sunday I've done my hardest bike ride aver. We climbed over 4000 m during 170 km, which included 4, 13-15 km long, passes. At the end of that training I couldn't go straight any more on the bike, I was going zigzag and I was "almost" crying. But I guess in several days I would say, that it wasn't that hard compare today bike ride. 
It's also a very good aria for the run, a lot of nice trails in the wood with wild animals :) , like squirrels and marmots. And right now I am going to look for some new trails, as I go for the long run. 

No comments: