Monday, June 2, 2008

Two Half Ironmans in two weekends.



I had done first two Half Ironman races in Europe this season after I had come back from States. I completed those races during two weekends in row. That wasn't an easy experiment. The first triathlon took part in a beautiful city Linz in nice old Austria. I was happy to visit that country, especially after all troubles I have had with a visa,which I need to get for a visit to any country in Europe, as a Ukrainian person. I got the visa one day before the race and somehow I should to get to Linz from Lvov, Ukraine during 24 hours. I wouldn't be able to do it without my Slovakian friend, Marek and with his help I had very comfortable and rested trip to Austria and back. The race came out very well for me, I felt confident and strong . Unusually for me I was leading from the first part of the bike course and I save my lead till the finish line. After the event when I got back home at Tuesday I realized that I have just 2 days to prepare for the next trip to Switzerland and as usually my visa wasn't ready yet :) Even I knew I can't do anything about it, I already done everything to prepare all documents, the situation still stresses me out. Maybe that's why I also couldn't recover very well between competition, or maybe it's just an excuse ;) I got my passport with visa two hours before my flight to Zurich and after I got to my final destination I felt exhausted. Although I slept next nights a lot and very well it's still wasn't enough time to recover and at the race day I felt still tired. I suffered from the second loop on the bike and all the time during the run course. I am really angry with myself that I let two girls behind me pass me right before the finish, but honestly, nothing I could do about it, I had no power left. Anyway I completed two half Iron distances in two weekends with a pretty good time: 4h.29'......; 4h.33'...... And now I am looking forward to the training camp with my friends in St. Moritz; no races for the next six weeks before the big one: Ironman Austria.

Pictures:Linz triathlon

Results:Linz triathlon; Switzerland 70.3

No comments: