Saturday, February 14, 2009

Coming back home from long 5 months in United States.

It always surprises me how much different are our countries. It not that easy to get use to so many people out here on streets, walking (not exercising) for them businesses, to crowd in city transport, to people with an expression of troubles on faces and, of course, to the weather: cold, damp and cloudy. I am talking about Ukraine.

 But not everything is so dark, I am happy to see my friends, who, I guess, missed me. And I am glad to meet my coach Anatoliy again. It is nice to walk along the streets and see beauty of old Lvov covered with white, fluffy snow. People aren’t smiling to everybody (if they did, they would have sore face muscles till the end of day J), but as soon as you start talking to someone you’ll see how opened and kind are Ukrainians. And I am enjoing to speak my own language. 

 But as usually I caught cold after one week spending home. It seams so hard to pass acclimatization without being sick, especially when you switch from +70 degrees F to +30 degrees. But I am not going to stay too long on one place, I am going to train in Crimea, south of Ukraine for next 2 or something months. It's not like in Florida, but still warmer than everywhere else in Ukraine.

1 comment:

Clay said...

I'm glad you made it home safely and are back to being a Ukrainian again. We miss you here in Los Alamos. Mila, Dina and I all need haircuts. Mine got so bad today, that I actually had to go to the barber shop! You were the last one to cut my hair!!!

Look on our picture website sometime to see Mila...growing so quickly and has two teeth and trying to talk...very cute.

A couple more xc ski races, then we might start thinking about triathlons again =) Good luck with training. Poca, Clay